Must Know While Curling Your Hair
ONE: Try Some Hair Spray
In case your hair does not curl easily or it doesn’t hold a curl, you need to apply hairspray on your hair sections just before you start curling the section. Applying a little a hairspray just before curling will help your hair hold shape better.
- Use non-aerosol working spray to avoid the sticky nature of aerosols.
- Avoid using too hairspray, because it will make your hair stiff and crunchy.
Non-Aerosol Hair Sprays With Promising Results
TWO: Working With Hair Sections
The amount of hair in each section of hair depends on you, taking into consideration your type of hair, the style your trying to make and generally how much you can handle in one go conveniently.
- The smaller the sections, the smaller and more tightly packed the curls obtained. For ringlet type curls, your sections should be less than two inches wide.
- The larger sections, the bouncier and more loosely packed the curls obtained. So for bigger curls your sections should be more than two inches wide, this makes your curls look more natural.
- Explore. You can try different sizes for different sides to create something more unique to you. For example, you can use larger curls for areas close to your face through to the top of your head to give lift and volume, and then use tighter, smaller curls below for support. Play with diffrent combinations to find the one that suits you best.
THREE: Vary Your Techniques
It is best to play with above methods to see which is best for you. All the methods share the same underlining principle wherewith you turn your hair straightener over itself, and then gently and slowly slide it down your hair. Ensure you clamp your hair properly keeping it on the straightener plates, making sure its not too tight to allow for sliding the straightener along your hair and yet not to lightly to allow your hair fall out of the clamp
- Alternate between where you start to curl your hair (towards base or towards the tip), Speed with which you move the flat iron (fast or slow) and how much you rotate your TellGrade flat iron hair straightener (half or full rotation) to give you different results from which you can select your perfect look.
- To obtain a more natural look, you don’t have to curl your entire hair. Leaving a few hair strand straighter than others or just wavy give you a natural, beach wave look.
Four: Finishing Up
After curling, you can do this:
- loose curls: For a more natural relaxed look, run your fingers through your finished hair gently and tousle it to give you a little more volume.
- Tight curls: Apply hairspray sparingly on your curls to help your hair maintain a sleek and tight look.